Bodegas Tampesta was founded in the year 2000. Tampesta is an ancestral Italian name. The aim was and remains to make good wine from native grape varieties. This box contains: Prieto Pecudo for reds and Albarin for whites. Albarin is totally different to Albariño, the famous Gallician grape (Rias Baixas in particular). The grapes are not related. Albarin is found exclusively in Léon and a few parts of Asturias. From an aromatic standpoint it is somewhere between Albarin and Gewürztraminer, depending of course on the winemaker's style. Prieto Pecudo is a small, round grape which gives these wines a lot of structure and aroma. This grape is considered the 'landmark' of the red wines of Tierra de Léon. The bodegas can be found in Valdevimbre, in the south of Léon. The current owner, Andres Marcos, is an architect and wine fanatic, born and bred in the region. 85% of the vines are Prieto Pecudo, and the remaining 15% are Albarin.
Sorry, there are no products in this collection
Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device
Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.